Here are 7 important tips for the fastest way to grow a beard. Number 5 will make you question how to grow a new lawn.
I’ll bet you’ve been wondering for many years about the fastest way to grow a beard, am I right? No? Well, buckle up because you’re about to find out anyway.
Grow Your Beard Faster To Avoid AIBT
It turns out that a lot of men postpone growing a beard because they don’t want to endure that awkward in-between time, or AIBT, in beardsmen’s parlance. What in the hades am I talking about, you ask? Well, hold your horses and I’ll explain. AIBT is the first three or four weeks after you’ve started growing out your beard but before it’s finally a real beard. During this time you look, shall we say, a tad disheveled. In fact, you look like a cross between a guy suffering through a weeklong hangover and a dumpster-diving bum.
Many aspiring beardsmen are trying to impress their new girlfriend, their boss, their wife, or all three. And they don’t want a half-baked AIBT to screw things up for them. Oh, dear me, what to do? Try following these six tips for starters.
7 Tips For The Fastest Way To Grow A Beard
- Make the commitment. Your beard-growing adventure should not be a half-hearted effort. Make sure you know before you start that this is something you really want to do. If you’re not sure, you could be setting yourself up for disaster. Or at least a really crappy beard. The worst thing you can do is start to grow the thing, then change your mind and shave it, then change your mind and start growing it again. You are only prolonging the AIBT agony.
- Feed your beard. Remember, you’re eating for two. That’s right. Your diet needs to be geared towards growing hair, which of course includes that little baby beard you’ve started to sprout. You need a diet high in protein and vitamins, the building blocks of hair growth. For protein, we strongly suggest massive amounts of USDA Prime Grade-A steak. Morning, noon, and night. Spare no expense. Our personal preference is ribeye, but filet mignon is okay in a pinch.
Back here in reality you can actually eat any kind of protein, including eggs, seafood, pork, and poultry to give your blood essential nutrients to grow thicker, healthier hair. Nuts are also great for healthy hair growth. And be sure to get plenty of vitamin D, B6, C and E, which your hair needs for optimal growth and health.
- Eliminate stress from your life. Stress is one of the worst things that can happen to your hair, not to mention your entire body. It can cause your hair to fall out, even your facial hair. And there’s nothing as unseemly as a balding face. Stress can also cause dermatitis, which inhibits hair growth.
- Get plenty of sleep. This goes hand in hand with reducing stress. Try to get at least 7 hours of sleep each night. Your body needs lots of rest to rejuvenate itself and promote the growth of healthy hair.
- Drink plenty of water. Try to drink at least 60 to 80 ounces of water per day. And no, wiseguy, not just before bedtime. The more hydrated your body, the healthier and stronger your hair. Imagine your new beard has the same needs as a new lawn. What does a new lawn need most? Show of hands. Anyone? Bueller? No, not fertilizer. What’s the matter with you? It needs water, and lots of it.
- Supplementation. Speaking of lawns, you know what else they need? Good soil. There are many different supplements out there but the one we recommend the most is a solid Phytoceramide for keeping your skin prepped and ready for beard growth. For that we recommend a new company called Legendary Beard Company. They have a growing line of supplements and beard care products that are designed to help your beard grow its best.
- Don’t have unreasonable expectations. The biggest problem some men have when growing a beard is thinking a beard will totally change who they are. They think they’ll suddenly look like a bearded Ryan Reynolds or David Beckham. Oh sure, that’ll happen. They truly believe the new beard will turn them into some kind of massive babe magnet. Wrong. You’ll still be you, so deal with it.
There you have it, seven tips on the fastest way to grow a beard. Sadly, there is no magic pill that makes the damn thing sprout overnight. But part of the fun is watching yourself transform from a dopy-looking clean-shaven doofus to sexy hipster. That’s right, you’ll be sexier. Forget what I said in number seven.